No doubt a wedding means a lot of work! It’s an elaborate and expensive affair. But that doesn’t mean you cannot plan the wedding of your dreams. As much as it may be overwhelming and exhausting, planning a wedding is also very exciting if done in the right fashion. From deciding the budget, guest list and venue, to picking the right cake, food, and décor, wedding plans require careful consideration at various levels. So how should you go about it? Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Set a date- Discuss with your partner and fix a date for the much-awaited event of your life. This is the most important decision you need to make before you kick-start other planning activities. Setting the date will give you a lot of clarity and help steer you in the right direction.
- Make a checklist- List down everything you have in mind for your dream wedding, including the venue you’d like, the kind of flowers you want, and the guests you want to invite. You can use technology to simplify this process. Google Spreadsheets, for example helps you record and keep track of all aspects of your wedding plan including the status of the tasks on your checklist and the expenses met or to be met. With access to this spreadsheet from anywhere at any time, everyone involved in the planning process will have a single platform to update and keep track of the activities easily.
- Discuss your broad vision– Many couples love the idea of a romantic beach wedding. Some simply prefer a church wedding with minimal guests. Whether you want an elaborately planned theme-wedding, or a modest traditional-style one, you should have a clear vision of what you want. Once you have this clarity, you will find it easy to select the flowers, décor, cake etc. and design your invitations in line with the theme.
- Create a budget plan- A significant part of planning a wedding will depend on affordability. You need to carefully assess your finances and create a budget plan for the wedding. You should be clear on how much you can spend, and decide whether you need a personal loan to pay for the wedding expenses. Personal loans for weddings are increasingly popular with more couples willing to do their best to make the big day extra special.
- Get down to the details- Once you have your finances planned, get into the intricate details of the wedding. At this stage you should be able to check-off items from your list one-by-one. For example, the type photography you want, the DJ you want to hire, the food and catering service you want to opt for, should all be clear at this point.
Sometimes, couples choose to hire a wedding coordinator to take care of these details. If you are ready to pay the additional cost of hiring a coordinator, this may be a great idea because it takes away the complexity from the process. Wedding coordinators ensure that your vision translates to reality, allowing you to take time and enjoy the precious moments of your dream wedding.