Your front yard speaks volumes about you. Whether it’s the curving pathways, the lush green lawn, or the colorful flowers that catch a visitor’s eye, your front yard makes the first and lasting impression. And that’s why you should invest time and money on it whenever you can. Here are some simple landscaping ideas to transform your front yard and add character to your living space.
- Floral Allure- Nothing can beat the beauty of a yard full of colorful flowers. Multi-colored flowerbeds add unmatched appeal. Cascading layers of deep-green shrubs with bright-colored flowers popping up, flower pots and planters carefully arranged in window boxes, or on your front porch, near the doorway or along the walkway can add a forever-fresh look to your home.
- Stepping Stones- Solid walkways are out, cut-out pavers and stepping stones are in. Redesigning your walkway with pavers interspersed with gravel not only adds beauty to your front yard but is also eco-friendly. The loose gravel allows water to get back into the soil instead of running off to a drain.
- Rockin’ it- Add texture to your front yard with rocks. Landscape rocks provide a natural look to your yard and create a unique appeal. If you’re the kind who doesn’t like to spend too much time maintaining your yard, this is ideal for you. This type of landscaping requires very little maintenance and is quick and easy to achieve. Although this type of landscaping may be a little expensive, its durability is a big advantage.
- Fence it up- A decorative fence never goes unnoticed. Be it a white picket fence bordering your yard, a horizontal fence for a contemporary finish, or a wrought iron gate for that classic old look, fencing makes a dramatic statement. Decorative fencing is easy to install and can bring instant charm to your front yard.
- Illuminated Pathway- Lighted pathways are another attractive addition to front yards. They define and enhance the design of the yard while also setting apart your front yard from the others’. Also, strategically placed lighting on planters can accentuate the beautiful spots and highlight its unique features.
These simple additions can make your front yard a source of delight. You can also try out your own design ideas. Do not hesitate to try something new. After all, you may end up creating a trend-setting design. But don’t forget, just like any other home improvement project, front yard redesigning also costs money. If your budget is a cause for concern, you can opt for a home improvement loan online.